- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/ 2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 teaspoons olive oil or cooking spray
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dates, pitted
- 1 ½ tablespoons water
- Spray pan with cooking oil and then add seeds and salt. On low heat, keep tossing seeds until light brown.
- Combine toasted seeds, dates and water in a food processor and puree until mixture starts to stick together. If needed add a bit more water.
- Line a square pan with saran wrap letting the saran wrap extend up and over the edges so that when you fold it back over the mixture, it covers the mixture entirely.
- Pour mixture in. Fold edges of saran wrap over the top of mixture and press down to form a flat even surface. You can snug the mixture up to the edges of the pan, pressing with your hands to form a nice square shape.
- Slice into even squares. For best results store in the fridge, although bars can be kept at room temperature.