- 1½ cup cooked quinoa
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (1 cup)
- 6 oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and finely chopped (¼ cup)
- 1½ cups cooked black beans, or 1 15-oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (2 tsp.)
- 2 tsp. dried steak seasoning
- 8 whole-grain hamburger buns
2. Transfer bean-onion mixture to food processor, add ¾ cup cooked quinoa, and process until smooth. Transfer to bowl, and stir in remaining ¾ cup quinoa and remaining ¾ cup black beans. Season with salt and pepper, if desired, and cool.
3. Preheat oven to 350°F, and generously coat baking sheet with cooking spray. Shape bean mixture into 8 patties (½ cup each), and place on prepared baking sheet. Bake 20 minutes, or until patties are crisp on top. Flip patties with spatula, and bake 10 minutes more, or until both sides are crisp and brown. Serve on buns.
These are great to have in the freezer so make a double batch.