These are so yummy! Adapted from Angela who has many other great recipes. I am always in a hurry so instead of forming the mixture into balls, I just line a pan with saran wrap and press into a 1/2" layer into the pan. Put in fridge to firm then cut into squares.
- 1 cup puffed quinoa (if making your own Puffed Quinoa you may need 1.5 - 2 cups)
- ½ cup peanut butter (or any nut butter)
- 3-4 tbsp agave nectar (or honey)
- 1 tbsp crushed peanuts (optional, or nut used)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- vegan dark chocolate (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the peanut butter, agave and vanilla. You may need to warm mixture slightly on stove if too firm.
- Add the puffed quinoa (and peanuts, if using), and stir to combine.
- Place mixture in the fridge for 15 minutes to let it firm up.
- Remove from fridge, roll into 12 balls, and return to fridge for 15 minutes before serving.
- Optional: dip some or all of the balls in the melted chocolate or drizzle on top of squares or if you are in a hurry just chop some chocolate and throw into the mixture.